Thread: SOLVED : Foxpro 2.6 Divide by zero error.

pratham is offline Respected Members Respected MemberLoyal Member

Default SOLVED : Foxpro 2.6 Divide by zero error.

Direct Link to patch2x.exe [microsoft website] http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...s/ipatchfp.exe (extract this file in the foxpro folder) (you can also use winrar to open this file.... Right click > Open with winrar)

Code:
    This is the Readme file for Patch2x, version 1.0. 

Patch2x updates international FoxPro for Windows version development environment and runtime library files to eliminate the "Divide by Zero or Overflow Error" message upon startup. This error is encountered when starting FoxPro for Windows or a runtime FoxPro for Windows application on a "fast machine", i.e. a computer which has a processor with a clock speed higher than 300 MHz or so. 

The patch program is distributed in the compressed executable IPatchFP.EXE.

Contents:

File              Description
    ===========       ===========
    PATCH2x.EXE       Patch Program
    README.TXT        This Readme file

Instructions:

Situation 1 - Applying Patch When Using FoxPro For Windows Development Environment

1. Place a copy of PATCH2x.EXE in your FoxPro for Windows directory. This directory will be C:\FPW26 if you installed FoxPro 2.6 into the default location.
    2. Start a Command Prompt (Windows NT) or MS-DOS Prompt (Windows 9x). The program item to do this can be found under the Windows Start menu, under the Programs group.
    3. Issue the following commands at the command prompt. Note that the directory after the CD command will need to be your FPW directory, where you copied PATCH2x.EXE in step 1. Copies are made of each of the files will be made with the .OLD extensions. The commands involving FOXW2600.ESL are applicable only to the Professional Edition of FoxPro For Windows.

CD C:\FPW26
    COPY FOXPROW.EXE FOXPROW.OLD
    COPY FOXW2600.ESL FOXW2600.OLD
    PATCH2x FOXPROW.EXE
    PATCH2x FOXW2600.ESL

Situation 2 - Applying Patch When Using FoxPro For Windows 2.6a Runtime Application

1. Place a copy of PATCH2x.EXE in the directory containing the FoxPro for Windows runtime library file. For FoxPro 2.6, this file is called FOXW2600.ESL.
    2. Start a Command Prompt (Windows NT) or MS-DOS Prompt (Windows 9x). The program item to do this can be found under the Windows Start menu, under the Programs group.
    3. Issue the following commands at the command prompt. Note that the directory after the CD command will need to be the directory where you copied PATCH2x.EXE in step 1. 

CD <drive and directory with FOXW2600.ESL file>
    COPY FOXW2600.ESL FOXW2600.OLD
    PATCH2x FOXW2600.ESL

Notes:

1. FOXPROW.EXE is the development environment executable. It is installed with FoxPro for Windows, Standard and Professional editions. FOXW2600.ESL is the runtime library for FoxPro for Windows 2.6 or 2.6a. It is installed with FoxPro for Windows, Distribution Kit, which is included with the Professional Edition.

2. Patch2x is a 32-bit Windows command line executable. It requires Windows 9x or Windows NT. It will not work under Windows 3.x.

3. If the filename passed to Patch2x is incorrectly spelled or does not include the file extension, Patch2x will return the message:
    "Could not find the target file '<Path/file passed to Patch2x>'."

4. If you attempt to patch a file that has already been patched, Patch26 will return the message:
    "I cannot find anything to patch.
    The file may already be patched, or it might not be a patchable file."

Microsoft FoxPro Team
    Source : http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q240982

Hey admin? I cannot upload zip file... its a 20kb file...
    Last edited by pratham; 30-08-08 at 11:52 AM.

Yea it does not allow to do so.. upload on sites like Radpishare and link it here. Or send me the file on deep @ tybcom . com

I will take care of it.
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

-------------------------------------------------
    Please do not send queries through Personal Messages.

Ask TY related queries here and Career related queries here

pratham is offline Respected Members Respected MemberLoyal Member

Bumping my old post...

Get all old and outdated softwares here.... (Includes Turbo C and FoxPro 2.5/2.6)
    www.vetusware.com

btw, why are we still studing foxpro.... I still didnt get it... Its tooooo old and out of the class...